Self-Deliverance In The Power of Jesus Christ
Self-deliverance is using the power of the name of Jesus Christ to cast out a demon in you. Learn to recognize the demon attacks in your thinking and emotions- immediately begin self-deliverance.
Self-deliverance may be a time-consuming process when there are no Christian deliverance teams available to help weaken the demon. Team deliverance should be in addition to self-deliverance because the person with a strong demon may have trouble concentrating in active spiritual battle.
Preparation For Self-Deliverance
Self-Deliverance needs to begin with a constant awareness that the blood of Jesus Christ covers all your sins in thought, word and deed. Begin everyday with a self-deliverance prayer and end every night before going to sleep with a self-deliverance prayer. The best self-deliverance prayer will come from your heart. Here is an example of a self deliverance prayer: “Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for Your sacrifice of Your blood on the cross that gives me forgiveness of sin and Your power to cast out demons. I cover myself in your blood from the top of my head, my mind, my soul, all my internal parts and every part of my body. I ask that you send your holy angels to help me in this spiritual battle while I sleep.” I pray in Jesus Name, Amen
Prayer for Forgiveness
You must forgive from your heart all people who have emotionally and physically hurt you. List the names of the people you need to forgive and forgive them one by one until you are done.
Ask forgiveness from Jesus Christ for seeking any spiritual knowledge outside of His realm. Know that you are forgiven and cleansed of this sin by the blood of Jesus Christ. (You only need to ask once-have confidence that you are forgiven).
You must forgive yourself for all the sins, mistakes and careless deeds. List them one by one as they come into your mind. Most relevant, forgive yourself for permitting a demon into your body. Forgive yourself for the action of inviting a “spirit” (demon) to communicate with you. You may need of forgive yourself often beause demons will always attempt to make you feel guilty. If you think that the demon is generational, forgive the ancestor that brought the demon in the family line.
Scriptures to Memorize or write on a note card if you have trouble with your memory.
1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.”
Philippians 2:9-11 “therefore God has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name. that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven, and those of the earth, and those under the earth and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
The above scriptures are the scriptures that helped by in my self-deliverance. Search out the scriptures that the Holy Spirit connects with you and memorize those. Use them whenever the demon begins to disrupt your thoughts, your body, and your dreams.
Test Your Mind and Emotions
- Is there an emotional reaction to negative thoughts flowing through your mind?
- Do you feel chaotic thoughts that confuses your mind?
Apply the Blood of Jesus
- Begin to sing praises and worship Jesus Christ.
- Be confident that God hears you and His glory is not only in you but resting on you.
- Begin to utilize your spiritual eyes (imagination) by cleansing yourself in the blood of Jesus. See you body covered in the blood of Jesus. See your soul saturated with the blood of Jesus.
- You might feel agitated, hear unclean thoughts, an assortment of evil thoughts about hatred, murder, fear and other negative thoughts.
- Command the demon in the name of Jesus Christ not to show a reactive manifestation in your mind or body.
- You must have control and must be confident and strong in your relationship to Jesus to maintain control of the demon.
- Ignore the demonic thoughts and continue covering yourself in the blood of Jesus.
- Cast out the demons (state the name of the demon if the Holy Spirit gives you the demon’s name through a word of knowledge.
- The demon will leave permanently when it is sufficiently weakened.
- Know that the self-deliverance must continue every day until there is a sense of peace in you mind, soul and spirit.
What If the Demon Returns after the self-deliverance is successful?
- Continue to meditate on the power of the name of Jesus and soak in the blood of Jesus
- Claim and speak out the promises concerning the power of the name of Jesus Christ to cast out demons.
- Pray and fast. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you why the demon is allowed to return. Confess any sins that comes to you mind and receive forgiveness through the sacrifice of the blood of Jesus.
- Begin the self-deliverance by covering yourself (body and soul) in the blood of Jesus.
- Go forward with the deliverance as the Holy Spirit leads you
Important facts to know about self-deliverance
The signs of a demon leaving can be coughing, deep breathes, possible vomiting. The final and most validating way to tell if the self-deliverance is successful is when you feel peace and rest in your soul. Your mind is finally peaceful, your soul is peaceful and you know that you know that the demon is gone.
You are finally free to live your life in peace. Please note the demon may attempt to return by testing you periodically. Rebuke that demon in the name of Jesus Christ and have faith to know the blood of Jesus is protecting you.
In conclusion, you have changed in a dramatic way. You know Jesus Christ is not a historical figure but a sacrifice to God the Father for you. You will praise God every day that He gave you back your life and saved you from a life of torment.
My Demon Possession and Self-deliverance
I was eighteen years old. The summer was long and boring. One day I decided to purchase a Ouija Board. I played it with a friend. The planchette begins to move from letter to letter. My friend grew fearful but my curiosity got stronger. After a while I could move the planchette alone. I spent all my time with the board. The demon promised protection from danger and spiritual knowledge.
I got into automatic handwriting and allowed the spirit to use my voice. My mind because confused and I was not able to perform my full-time job or attend college. At this time I knew I had a demon because of the evil thoughts and dreams.
I took a good look in the mirror. I was pale, tired and nervous. I wanted the demon to leave. I decided to ask God for help. Who else could help me? I always had an intellectual belief in Jesus since I was raised a Catholic. This was the time to find out if Jesus was real and if He would help me.
I joined Campus Crusade of Christ and attended church in the hope that I could get information on how to get rid of this demon. I became “born again” and was a complete mess. The Christians then taught me how to communicate with God. They taught me how to read the bible. No one knew that I had this demon. I was too ashamed to tell them. I had no knowledge of an exorcist or deliverance teams.
I began spiritual battle. I claimed the blood of Christ every time the demon attacked. I could even claim the blood of Jesus Christ in the lucid dreams that demons gave to me as I slept. I quoted scriptures every time the demon tried to interrupt my thoughts. I did not fear and ignored the demon as much as possible.
One night while asleep, I woke with a sharp jerk to the muscles in my body. I knew the demon was gone. My mind was clear and at peace.
The demon attempts to return, even now, 30 years later. I praise God I learned spiritual battle and kept strong though out the years.
“Be exalted, O Lord, in Thy strength, We will sing and praise Thy power. Psalm 21:13