Spiritual warfare in daily life is a battle for the positives in life. Positive thoughts, words and deeds are spiritual warfare for a joyful and peaceful life. Yes, the truth is life happens and sometimes we handle very difficult circumstances. No matter what happens, spiritual warefare makes life better. Most relevant, you have the God-given control to stay out of the negative.
Spiritual Warfare Against Negative Emotions
Demons are not always the reason are emotions are out of balance and negative. Human beings have choices concerning the control of emotions. True, there are emotions that can be overwhelmingly sad or depressing. These emotions rush into the mind but we have a choice of reacting or not reacting to the emotion. Huffington Post: 6 steps to controlling your emotions. If attempts at control of the mind fail then you may want to consult a mental health professional to help sort out issues that form the emotions.
Overwhelming emotions might be influenced by an inner child manifesting hurt emotions. If you think the inner child is influencing your emotions speak to the wounded part in the process of inner healing.
Spiritual Battle Against Demons
The truth is that Christian Can have demons attack and even possess if the Christian gives an invitation to direct communication. “Be sober, be vigilant your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 Demons wait for an entry way into the mind.
Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit keeps you safe from demonic attacks. In addition, know the lies demons tell Christians and be ready to lift your thoughts to the Holy Spirit for the truth from the lies. you feel a tightness in your spirit then it is time to begin spiritual warfare.
For example, you might have spontaneous thoughts that state “inferiority” or “envy” or “gossip”. Words of negativity can be a name that a demon is using at the time. The words are a spontaneous thought. I am not thinking of these words but the words are an interruption in my pattern of thoughts.
I recognize the demons attachment to me and cast them to the pit of hell in the name of Jesus Christ. By faith I accept the demon is gone. The process of getting rid of the demon is easy because the demon has not gained entrance.
Other Ways Demons Attack
Demons attack by gaining through “footholds” or weaknesses. Evil spirits attack through the mind using emotions, past hurts or any other weakness. Demons do attack if there is a unforgiveness issue. Be sure to forgive others before beginning spiritual battle.
Evil spirits might attack in the following ways:
- Thoughts of being in physical danger.
- Heaviness, depression, nervousness, inability to sleep.
- Thoughts that God is not real and cannot protect.
- Spiritual inferiority compared to others
- Demons are returning to begin the possession process.
Listen to the Holy Spirit because He will give a check in your spirit that these thoughts are not from God. Demons are attacking and spiritual warfare must begin immediately.
Spiritual Warfare Declarations
- My sins are forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:9
- I give my burdens to Jesus Christ. Matt 11:30
- I have help in time of trouble Psalm 73:26
- Jesus is my Bread of Life and I shall not hunger or thirst. John 6:48, John 4:10
- I delight myself in the Lord and He will give me the desires of my heart. Psalm 37:4
- I rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:7
- No one shall snatch me from my Father’s Hand. John 10:28
- I will not let my heart be troubled, I believe in God and in Jesus. John 14:1
- God has not given me the spirit of fear, power and love and a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7
- Peace Jesus leaves me. John 14:27
- My Father gives me a Helper who will be with me forever. John 14:16
- I receive the wisdom of God. James 1:5
In conclusion, the sword of the spirit is the Word of God. Read the above scriptures of find other scriptures that are strongly connected to your spirit. Scriptures are so important when waging spiritual battle with demons. Demon cannot fight or lie about the Word of God when the Christian has faith to swing that spiritual sword in spiritual battle.