Crying in the presence of the Holy Spirit is a natural reaction to His presence. The Holy Spirit is connecting with your spirit in the outside atmosphere. The presence of the Holy Spirit seeks your permission to be the Lord of your life. Holy Spirit desires to know you and release all the burdens and stress of life from your soul.
Crying in the Presence of the Holy Spirit?
Many people cry in the presence of the Holy Spirit. The crying is not negative and sad emotions. The crying in the presence of the Holy Spirit is one of joy, relief, an acknowledgement that God forgives your sin. When I cry in the presence of the Holy Spirit, all the stress, fears and doubts vanish-blissful peace.
Crying in the presence of the Holy Spirit is not negative in any way. So many emotions flood the soul. All negativity in life is washed away by the presence of the Holy Spirt. Emotions are flooded with peace and joy. How do you know the presence is the Holy Spirit? The true measurement is in the basic character or fruits of the Holy Spirit. Maybe you do not feel all fruits of the Holy Spirit but you will absorb them in His presence. The fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Gal 5:22-23) A small sample of heaven that comes to earth for you.
Manifested Presence of the Holy Spirit
Some people will sense the presence of God more than others because they may have been born with a higher degree of spiritual sensitivity.
The presence of God could manifest when you worship and praise Him. The presence of God is an awesome and holy manifestation that gives spiritual satisfaction when you cannot hold one drop more of God’s presence. Many people will be laughing, singing or crying in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Some people shake or laugh with joy. Individual reaction will be different but the soul and mind fills with peace.
Falling down in the Holy Spirit is common under the presence. When this happens the person usually falls backward and a fellow Christian is assigned to be a “catcher” to be sure the person falls comfortable to the floor.
Hearing the Voice of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit begins to speak to you. There are many ways for a believer to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives revelation knowledge in the Word of God, gives vision, prophesies, dreams, and anointed ministering of healing and deliverance. 4 keys to hearing the voice of God.
Behavior of the Holy Spirit compared to other spirits.
The Holy Spirit will always speak in agreement with the Word of God-the Bible. Knowing the Bible totally and in context is vital to testing of the spirits.
The Holy Spirit never forces you in any way. If you desire to be alone, the Holy Spirit will leave you alone. Separation is an option. You always maintain control. If you want to stop following God, you are allowed. God does not force you to stay. Knowing the Bible totally and in context is vital to testing of the spirits.
In contract to other spirits who promise anything you desire, the Holy Spirit promises are in alignment with a holy and just God. Your bad habits begin to get cleaned up. The Holy Spirit will show you how to overcome self-indulgent thinking, behaviors and bad habits. Your ego begins to get smaller and the presence of God begins to manifest in your life.
In contrast to a spirit possessing your mind and body with fear and torment, the Holy Spirit will give you spiritual fruit and supernatural gifts. The Holy Spirit always moves with gentleness and peace.
Your will begin to have peace of mind, the ability to sleep, the ability to care for your body in a balanced way. Life becomes orderly and washed clean in the blood of Jesus.
The Presence of the Holy Spirit Might Come Unexpectedly.
How can you experience the presence of God more often? As with a family member or friend, get into a relationship with God. After a while you can sense how God moves within you. Prayer, worship, scripture reading and group fellowship are good beginnings. Sometimes, God just comes unexpectedly. That is the most precious time–He manifests Himself just to confirm how much He loves you.
Recently, I experienced the presence of God and my reaction was that I fell down while being prayed for in church. The experience was one of great peace. I felt a touch of a kind, loving, firm but gentle God who cares for me. What an amazing God we serve!
Holy Spirit Scriptures
- John 14:26…But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, which the Father will send in my name,…that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all things that I have told you.
- John 14:16-17…And I will request the Father and He will give you another Helper to be with you forever. The Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him or knows Him.
- Acts 3:28 Then Peter said to the, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
- Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem and in Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- John 16:13 When the Holy Spirit who is truth comes, He shall guide you into all truth, for He will not be presenting his own ideas, but will be passing on to you what He had heard. He will tell you about the future. He shall praise Me.
- Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control against such things there is no law.